THE 10 C’s ARE THE BACKBONE OF ANY SURVIVAL PACK. I BELIEVE THE THE FIRST FIVE (5) ITEMS BELOW ARE ALSO ESSENTIAL TO YOUR SURVIVAL AND SHOULD BE PART OF YOUR PACK, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR COMMUTING DISTANCE IS OVER 15 MILES.
THE REST OF THE ITEMS ARE CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT ITEMS. IF YOU CAN CARRY THEM THEY WILL MAKE YOUR WAY EASIER. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW OF THEM. I LIKE TO MAKE THINGS EASIER. AFTER ALL….. I COMMUTE 5-50 MILES ON ANY GIVEN DAY.
COMMUNICATIONS – HAND CRANK RADIO
- New Design: 1000 mAh power bank for charging your iPhone & cellphone via Micro-USB cable directly, no need of adapter anymore;
- A Must For Emergency: Keep this AM/FM & NOAA weather radio with your family, get up to date with the latest weather and all hazard information for your area;
- More Than A Radio: Compact sized flashlight radio with 1W longer lasting powerful LED can be with you in camping, backpacking, hiking or any other outdoor activities;
- 3 Rechargeable Ways: Micro USB charging, Solar charging, Manual hand crank to wind up the internal battery;
- What You Get: RunningSnail emergency radio, Micro USB cable, instruction, appreciation card, our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
CALORIES – PACKAGED FOOD: Many of the items I’d like to carry have a short live span and I’d be constantly replacing food. So……I opted for long term food. I like this one because the food is individually wrapped. Consumed over 72 hours it is more convenient and much less messy that other long term packaged food. If I can get regular food from a market or convenience store …. all the better
- Plastic cookie wrap
- Emergency food
- 3600 + calories per package
- 5 year shelf life
- Us coast guard approved
- Made in U.S.A.
Emergency Water Pack – 3 Day Supply of Water Rations (6x4.2 oz Pouches). 5 Year Shelf LIfe USCG Approved.
I don’t carry water in my Container. I would have to change it out too often. So I carry several packs of water that is good for 5 years. It’s enough to get me to water so I can fill up my container. Call me lazy……I don’t care.
MANUKA HONEY: Only found in New Zealand. Batches of honey are sent to the University of Auckland or the University of Dresden for testing as this honey is rated on a graduated scale for its high anti-bacterial properties before selling. That’s why I carry very little in first aid. I can use cotton strips from bandannas for gauze, Manuka honey for wounds, and cargo tape for bandage adhesive. This Manuka honey is rated 100 to 800 for antibacterial strength. There are other rating systems. I put the honey into a squeezable travel tube for convenience.
This is a must have if you are to carry the hand crank radio, 3600 calorie food package, and H2O packets. it has 2 straps for attaching to the water bottle.
- Heavy duty, quiet #10 coil zipper with cover to prevent zipper fouling and to provide weather protection
- MOLLE/PALS compatible Specter Snap attachment system
- Modular webbing on the front of the pouch to allow layered accessory pouch attachment
- Double layer 1000 denier Cordura nylon construction
- 6 inches wide x 9 inches high x 4 inches deep
FROM HERE ON THE ITEMS ARE CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT ITEMS. IF YOU CAN CARRY THEM THEY WILL MAKE YOUR WAY EASIER. THERE ARE QUITE A FEW OF THEM. I LIKE TO MAKE THINGS EASIER. AFTER ALL….. I COMMUTE 5-50 MILES ON ANY GIVEN DAY.
SHELTER CLAMPS: MUCH EASIER THAN MAKING KNOTS FOR SECURING YOUR TARP TO A RIDGE LINE OR A GROUND PEG.
- Unique locking clamp design grips material directly for superior holding power
- Provides instant anchor point to attach any standard bungee cord, tie down or rope
- Rugged, high-impact nylon construction
- Specially designed to secure tarps, canopies and covers
- Simple and easy-to-use design
FUGURE 9 BINER: These are great once again to avoid making knots when you setup your ridge line. Rope goes around the tree, then into the carabiner, and lastly down into the notched area for secure scinching down.
POCKET BELLOWS: Collapsible with carrying tube. Great little item to save a blast of flame from flashing up onto your face, Extends to about 12″.
COMBUSTION: Esbit, Ultra Light Folding Pocket Stove has 2 open positions for cooking. Comes with 6 fuel tabs. One tab boils water in 8 minutes.
BOTTLE BAG W/POUCH: GREAT FOR EXTENDING YOUR FIRST BOTTLE BAG’S CAPACITY. ATTACH COMPANION POUCH WITH CONDOR STRAPS.
NEW: 11″H x 5″ D, Zippered Pouch 8″H x 5,25D,
600 Denier Polyester, Carry up to a 64 oz Bottle.
CONDOR BOTTLE BAG STRAPS: GREAT FOR ATTACHING THE COMPANION POUCH TO THE BOTTLE BAG.
- Designed to attach modular accessories to your web gear.
- Four straps per pack, all in the same colour. Lightweight and durable
- No tools required. Heavy duty snap system. Firm and secure hold
- Stiffened for minimum float and added safety
- Material: Nylon. Size: 6″ long. Weight: 20g each
SHELTER: BREATHABLE BIVVY
- A Lighter, Faster version of the famous SOL Escape Bivvy!
- Breathable, but keeps rain, snow, and wind out!
- Only 5.5 oz
- Packs REALLY small!
- A full size, breathable sleeping bag in the palm of your hand!
- You won’t wake up wet from condensation.
Camping Rain Fly Tarp 10’x10′ Large Ripstop Nylon Waterproof Outdoor Tent Shelter Accessory Survival Gear, Includes Stakes Ropes Stuff Sack.
THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS 10′ X 10′ IS IT CAN BE TRANSFORMED FROM A RAIN FLY TO A TENT WITH A FLOOR AND A DOOR. HERE’S A VIDEO LINK TO THE YOU TUBE VIDEO THAT SHOWS YOU HOW. CLICK HERE
CUTTING TOOL SHARPENER:
- Diamond Tapered Rod-For Fast Reconditioning And Maintenance
- Tungsten Carbide-Three Or Four Strokes Will Restore Your Blade
- Ceramic Sharpening Rods-Polish To A Finished Edge In Three Or Four Strokes
- Serrated Knife Sharpener-Designed To Get Inside Even The Smallest Serrations
- Vacuum-sealed, low-cube packaging, quick and easy self-application
- Israeli battle dressing (IBD) – size 4 inch wide
- Pressure applicator
- Non adherent pad
- Stop and go release
- STOP BLEEDING FAST: Control bleeding with the hemostatic sponge that works on contact to accelerate your body’s natural clotting process, clotting blood three times faster. The sponge contains zeolite, an inorganic mineral which works quickly to induce clotting by removing excess moisture and concentrating blood platelets.
- TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONALS: Choose the hemostatic agent that’s tested and proven by years of combat use by the U.S. military. Zeolite has proven its effectiveness in stopping bleeding rapidly when every second counts.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE: Apply this hemostatic sponge without fear. A naturally occurring, non-allergenic mineral, the pre-hydrated zeolite does not contain botanicals or animal and human proteins and is demonstrated to be an effective clotting agent.
- EASY TO USE & REMOVE: Act quickly and with confidence in emergencies. The Advanced Clotting Sponge easily conforms to wounds – simply apply the sponge to the source of the bleeding and apply pressure. The sterile, non-adherent mesh bag is easy to remove from the wound for further treatment by medical professionals.
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT: Add this clotting agent to your trauma kit, glove box, emergency medical kit, range bag, first responder kit, purse, or first aid kit for the power to stop bleeding at a moment’s notice.
CONTAINER: SIDEKICK WATER FILTER
- Removes bacteria, such as Giardia, E coli, cryptosporidium, and more
- Removes chemicals such as chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, gasoline, and diesel
- Removes heavy metals such as lead, iron, cadmium, nickel, chromium, and zinc
- Perfectfor emergency situations or emergency preparedness
- Weighs only 1 oz.
Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets with PA Plus neutralizing tablets – Portable Drinking Water Treatment for Emergency Preparedness and Survival, (50 Tablets).
- Roomy main drawstring-closed compartment provides generous and secure storage space for your gear
- Front pocket for quick access; interior pocket for convenient, separated storage; concealed carry back pocket with zipper closure
- Fully adjustable, padded, and ergonomic shoulder strap for comfortable carrying
- Dimensions are 12.5 ” Wide, by 10.5 ” High, by 5.5″ Deep
- Exterior Water Bottle Sleeve